- About CPKN
- Course Catalogue
- Learning Solutions
- CPKN Model
Offence-Related Property Fundamentals I
- Course Category:
This course was developed by the RCMP and has been made available to a national police audience via CPKN.
- Offence-Related Property Fundamentals II
- Offence-Related Property Fundamentals III
- Define the concepts of property, seized property and ORP
- Identify the provisions that provide for seizure, post-seizure reporting and detention of ORP
- Identify the pre-trial process, procedures, legal tests and limits associated with these activities as they relate to ORP
- Identify and complete the necessary forms and reports required for these activities
An understanding of the nature of offence-related property (ORP), its pre-trial management and the evidence needed to support forfeiture on conviction is an important tool in dealing with both individual offenders and organized crime groups.
Offence-Related Property Fundamentals I is the first in a three-part series of courses that cover how to identify, deal with and support the forfeiture of ORP, helping learners develop a basic understanding of such property and how it must be dealt with to comply with the law.
The course provides a general overview of the concept of ORP and identifies the legislative provisions that govern identification and seizure of it. It covers the documentation requirements and the thought processes needed to make decisions about what to seize and when to seize it. It also articulates the provisions and procedures required for post-seizure reporting and detention of seized ORP.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
There are no prerequisites to this course. This course is a prerequisite for Offence-Related Property Fundamentals II.
This course is designed for all police officers. It is also applicable to civilian members and Public Service Employees involved directly or indirectly in criminal investigations.
This course was developed by Learning and Development and the Proceeds of Crime Branch in consultation with RCMP Legal Services.
Content Provider: RCMP
Language: English / French
Length: 8 hours
Release Date: 2012-01-30