- About CPKN
- Course Catalogue
- Learning Solutions
- CPKN Model
Introduction to Marihuana Growing Operations
- Course Category:
Many Canadians believe marihuana is a harmless drug but law enforcement professionals see the dangerous impacts of the industry: drug endangered children; impaired driving; the trade for cocaine, firearms and currency; and violent home invasions. Marihuana supports the growth of an industry that negatively impacts all Canadian communities, from upper scale neighbourhoods to lower income areas, without prejudice and without remorse.
Introduction to Marihuana Growing Operations examines how the marihuana production industry has changed, the serious dangers it poses, and the vital role that police play in protecting and educating communities. The course also addresses some of the hazards that police can face when they discover a grow operation as well as the steps involved in investigating, drafting a search warrant, executing a search, and dismantling a grow operation.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the serious issues associated with marihuana growing operations and the impact it has on our communities;
- Identify common indicators of marihuana production operations;
- Identify key considerations for drafting a search warrant;
- List the offences associated with marihuana production;
- List health and safety considerations and dangers associated with grow op investigations;
- Identify how to collect and handle exhibits;
- List the steps involved in dismantling a growing operation;
- Identify key considerations for file management and disclosure.
This course is designed for sworn police officers.
This course was designed and developed by the RCMP.
Content Provider: RCMP
Length: 2 hours
Release Date: 2016-11-22