- About CPKN
- Course Catalogue
- Learning Solutions
- CPKN Model
In-Car Camera Operator Training
- Course Category:
This course was developed by the Toronto Police Service and made available to all police services via CPKN.
In-car camera systems are critical tools for policing. Providing unbiased accounts of traffic stops and other encounters with the public, in-car cameras have become an progressively important means of increasing officer safety, improving the quality of evidence for investigative and court purposes, and protecting officers from unwarranted accusations of misconduct in the lawful performance of their duties.
Developed by the Toronto Police Service (TPS), the In-Car Camera Operator Training course is designed to provide the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully operate Panasonic's Toughbook Arbitrator In-Car Camera System.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Express the various front-line safety issues associated with the use of the in-car camera system
- Explain the benefits of operating a service vehicle equipped with an in-car camera system pertaining to allegations of misconduct or unprofessionalism
- Recall the TPS Service Procedure pertaining to the In-car Camera System
- Recall the basic fundamentals of the camera and how to operate the equipment (Panasonic Toughbook Arbitrator)
- Articulate the rationale for their actions at any given situation when preparing a case for or when giving evidence before a court of law
- Recall the 10 step review to properly and effectively utilize the TPS in-car camera system
While developed by TPS for internal training of their members, this course may be of value to any officer, who in the course of their duties, will be required to operate service vehicles equipped with the Panasonic Toughbook Arbitrator In-Car Camera System.
Content for this course was developed by the Toronto Police Service.
Content Provider: Toronto Police Service
Length: 45 minutes
Release Date: 2009-07-14