- About CPKN
- Course Catalogue
- Learning Solutions
- CPKN Model
Frontline Supervisor - Performance Management
- Course Category:
Also available in this series:
- Frontline Supervisor - Domestic Violence
- Frontline Supervisor - Leadership
- Frontline Supervisor - Organizational Skills
- Frontline Supervisor - Self-managing Skills
As a police supervisor, you must regularly evaluate the performance of the officers under your command. This not only contributes to the outcomes of the organization but motivates employees to continually improve.
Frontline Supervisor - Performance Management will assist police supervisors to better understand and conduct effective performance management reviews. In addition to describing competency-based tools, this course reviews the skills and processes associated with fair and equitable performance appraisals.
Attention Ontario Police College Learners
Effective December 2012, the Ontario Police College will begin registration for its blended Front Line Supervisor course. The OPC course consists of three modules:
Module 1: Pre-course materials;
Learners registered to the OPC course must complete these elements in the prescribed, consecutive order. Journaling is mandatory for successful completions of all 3 modules. As such, Certificates of Completion for the CPKN online courses that have been completed prior to registering for the OPC course cannot be applied to the completion of the full OPC course.
For more information about the blended OPC Front Line Supervisor course, please contact your training branch for a detailed course description, check the link at www.opconline.ca or contact:
For General Registration:
For Specific Inquiries:
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe eight different types of employees
- Describe competency and competency based tools
- Demonstrate the use of competency based tools
- Describe what facilitates an effective performance appraisal
- Describe the general skills related to fair and equitable performance appraisals
- Describe validity and reliability in assessment tools
- Identify the final steps in the appraisal process to ensure all aspects of the process are covered
- Explain how the performance appraisal process mitigates risk
This course is designed for police supervisors.
Content for this course was developed by the Ontario Police College.
|The development of this course was funded by the
Government of Canada's Sector Council Program.
Content Provider: Ontario Police College
Language: English / French
Length: 1.5 hours
Release Date: 2012-06-05