- About CPKN
- Course Catalogue
- Learning Solutions
- CPKN Model
Frontline Supervisor - Organizational Skills
- Course Category:
Also available in this series:
- Frontline Supervisor - Domestic Violence
- Frontline Supervisor - Leadership
- Frontline Supervisor - Performance Management
- Frontline Supervisor - Self-managing Skills
In policing, the mission, vision and values of the organization are the basis for all strategic planning and are the points from which everyday priorities are aligned. Supervisors must not only be aware of organizational goals and objectives, but also have the skills to promote them to the staff under their command.
Frontline Supervisor - Organizational Skills explains the management process and provides a definitive process to link and align with the mission, vision, values, and strategic direction of the organization. It also addresses performance issues in relation to the management process and reviews approaches to problem-solving.
Attention Ontario Police College Learners
Effective December 2012, the Ontario Police College will begin registration for its blended Front Line Supervisor course. The OPC course consists of three modules:
Module 1: Pre-course materials;
Learners registered to the OPC course must complete these elements in the prescribed, consecutive order. Journaling is mandatory for successful completions of all 3 modules. As such, Certificates of Completion for the CPKN online courses that have been completed prior to registering for the OPC course cannot be applied to the completion of the full OPC course.
For more information about the blended OPC Front Line Supervisor course, please contact your training branch for a detailed course description, check the link at www.opconline.ca or contact:
For General Registration:
For Specific Inquiries:
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify and explain the management process
- Identify and explain the importance of "process" within police organizations
- Identify and explain within the Management Process, the concepts of "SMART" and "RUMBA"
- Identify the additional steps required to complete the process from determining unit objectives to completing objectives
- Identify the importance of measuring performance in the Management Process
- Identify the importance of evaluating performance in the Management Process
- Identify and explain the 9-step and SARA problem solving models
- Identify and explain the three phases of 'Excellence in 90 Seconds'
This course is designed for police supervisors.
The content for this course was provided by the Ontario Police College.
|The development of this course was funded by the
Government of Canada's Sector Council Program.
Content Provider: Ontario Police College
Language: English / French
Length: 1 hour
Release Date: 2012-06-05