- About CPKN
- Course Catalogue
- Learning Solutions
- CPKN Model
Drager Alcotest 6810 Training
- Course Category:
This course was developed by the Ontario Provincial Police and has been made available to all police services via CPKN. Please note that this course may contain some OPP-specific information/policies.
The Drager Alcotest 6810 Training course instructs frontline officers on the correct operation of this roadside screening device. Designed to satisfy the recommended standards and procedures of the Canadian Society of Forensic Sciences Alcohol Test Committee, this course reviews the legislation, policy, and procedures required for the legal and effective use of this new road side screening device.
Please note that the learner must have an ASD 6810 device in hand while conducting the training as it contains practical exercises. Once the online portion is complete, it is recommended that officers attend a practical training session to receive additional practical training for the proper operation of the device.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and locate the different components of the Drager Alcotest 6810
- Recognize the basic operation of the device
- List the required steps to ready the device for use
- List the legislated procedures when administering an approved screening device
- Demonstrate the appropriate steps to take a proper breath sample according to OPP policy SOP
This course is designed for any frontline officer who uses the Drager Alcotest 6810 device.
This course has been designed and developed by the Ontario Provincial Police.
Content Provider: Ontario Provincial Police
Length: 45 minutes
Release Date: 2014-06-27