- About CPKN
- Course Catalogue
- Learning Solutions
- CPKN Model
Counterfeit Currency Analysis
- Course Category:
This course was formerly offered by the RCMP via AGORA.
Counterfeit Currency Analysis provides learners with the basic skills and techniques required to help determine whether a bank note is genuine or counterfeit. Learners will be introduced to a number of different security features as well as the criminal law, and policies and procedures that apply when counterfeit currency is discovered.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe currency counterfeiting in Canada.
- List the security features found on bank notes.
- Examine a bank note to determine if it is counterfeit.
- Identify the criminal law, policy and procedures that apply to counterfeit currency.
- Recognize the equipment used to make counterfeit bank notes.
This course is an introductory level course that will provide learners with basic skills.
This course is available to all members of Law Enforcement and approved employees of the Bank of Canada.
This course was developed by the RCMP’s National Counterfeiting Bureau (NACB) the Commercial Crime Branch (National Counterfeit & Identity Fraud), Legal Services, Learning & Development, the Bank of Canada and Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited.
Content Provider: RCMP
Language: English / French
Length: 3 hours
Release Date: 2011-11-02